hartlepool history logo

Holy Trinity Church - Seaton Carew

Details about Holy Trinity Church - Seaton Carew

Holy Trinity Church, Seaton Carew opened in 1831.

The consecration of the church took place on the Festival of St Michael and All Angels, 29th September 1831, by Bishop Van Mildert. In the early days it was the chapel of Stranton Parish.

On the 21st October 1841 the Chapelry of Seaton Carew was created and licensed under the Bishop of Durham. This meant it could conduct baptisms, weddings and funerals/burials.

In 1842 a chancel and gallery were added, creating the building we know today. The burial ground was also extended. 


This information was kindly provided by Julie Cordiner. 


Related items :