hartlepool history logo

The Picture House

Details about The Picture House

The Picture House first opened in 1920, and in 1924 Lloyd George gave a speech here. In 1929, the first "talkie" to be screened in the town, "Showboat", was shown here. In 1950 it was renamed the 'Gaumont Cinema' and then in 1960 became the Stranton Bingo hall, eventually closing in 1997.


Related items :