hartlepool history logo

Waverley Hotel

Details about Waverley Hotel

Former public house at south end of Mainsforth Terrace which opened in 1865 as the Glasgow Cheap Dining Room, was largely rebuilt in 1871by Camerons and  closed in 1971. It was the pub where Strongarm beer was launched in 1955 probably because of the proximity to the steelworks as the Strongarm logo is of a steel worker. It was the first port of call for many steelworkers after work.


Related items :