hartlepool history logo

Union Hotel (Carr's Pub) Bridge Street, Old Town

What we know about this image :

The Union Hotel opened in 1851 on the corner of Pimlico Street and Bridge Street in Old Town. From 1912 till 1964 just before closure, the landlord/lady was called Carr and the pub was known locally as Carr's.

An article in South Durham Herald 1869, shown in Marie Louise McKay's book The Lion Roars and the Monkey Bites, tells us that the hotel was connected to the Union Brewery and had ' excellent cellar connections with it' .

Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service

Creator : Bill Boagey

Part of the "Bill Boagey" collection


Related items :