hartlepool history logo

Fish Sands

What we know about this image :

Cambridge buildings on right. The public house on the beach is Freemason's Arms. (jane hunter and The Sands was nickname). The pub was opened 1851. It was closed 1898 and demolished 1906. The rounded building was a water tower (on 1914 map named as a sewage tank). The pub just left of Sandwell Gate was The Alma was built in 1830s and demolished in 1935 .



Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service


Related items :