hartlepool history logo

Methodist Chapel then Boys Welfare

What we know about this image :

Situated on the corner of Whitby Street and Reed Street, the old methodist chapel became The Boys Welfare Youth Club in 1932. It was begun by Sir William Gray who set up the club to encourage 12 young boxers in the town using volunteer helpers. The club moved to the current premises in Wiltshire Way Throston in 1974.

HHT&N 154

Date (of image) : 0/10/1966

Donor : Hartlepool Library Service

Part of the "Library collection" collection


Related items :