hartlepool history logo


What we know about this image :

This is the house which became the first Greenside public house in 1967. Prior to this, it had been a probation home home for problem young boys from 1943  and before that had been a private house. There was a major fire in 1968 but Cameron's Brewery reopened it again three months later.

Donor : Douglas Ferriday

Part of the "Library collection" collection


Related items :