hartlepool history logo

Ambulance Station

What we know about this image :

The ambulance station was for many years in York Road at Shrewesbury House, next to Chadwick House (former doctors' surgery and now 2017  Ron Greig Estate Agents ) and Manners and Harrison.

In 1952, tenders were invited to alter the stables and a cottage at Briarfields in Elwick Road and make the buildings into an ambulance station. In June 1954, the ambulance station was closed in York Road and the new station at Briarfields opened. It remained there until about 2009 when services were taken elsewhere and it has remained derelict since.

Date (of image) : 1954

Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service

Creator : NDM


Related items :