hartlepool history logo

Lamb's York Road

What we know about this image :

Having been in Lynn Street since 1873, Lamb's the jeweller moved to its current York Road site on May 17th 1969. The Lynn Street shop was closed a few days beforehand. The symbol of the shop throughout its long history was 'the clock' and the new shop featured that clock and it is still a landmark today.

The shop is no longer owned by the Lamb family, but the name and of course the clock are retained.

Date (of image) : 0/5/1969

Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service

Creator : NDM


Related items :