hartlepool history logo

Ward Jackson Park

Details about Ward Jackson Park

Ward Jackson Park was opened in 1883 to the memory of Ralph Ward Jackson, the founder of West Hartlepool who had died in 1881. It was built by public subscription,the 17 acres of land being purchased from Mr Wooler of Sadberge Hall who donated 2 of the acres himself.

The lodge house was also built in 1883, the current bandstand in 1901(although there had been another one prior to this) and the drinking fountain, presented by Alderman Rickinson to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, was also opened in 1901.

The clock tower which faces Grange Road was built in 1925.


Related items () :