hartlepool history logo

Quaker Meeting House

What we know about this image :

Built in 1841 just behind and to the side of the Seaton Hotel by the Darlington Quakers that used the village as their seaside retreat. The chapel was eventually sold to William Lithgo who used it to host dances. It then became a laundry and lastly was used by the Gardening Club for storage before being demolished in the 1960s.

Donor : Maureen Anderson


Related items :